Wild harvested tamanu oil is thick and rich, it has a strong caramel-like nutty and earthy aroma. Once applied to skin it is readily and completely absorbed, leaving skin feeling smooth and plump, with no oily residue;
FEAUTURES AND BENEFITS:
• Rich in natural fatty acids and amazing carrier for essential oils as it absorbs quickly on the skin.
• Helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks, also in pregnant women
• Safe to be used for babies rashes
• Helps reduce the appearance acne marks, surgical scars, wrinkles and fine lines.
• Helps treat dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, and itchy skin
• Wild harvested tamanu oil is known for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial properties and for its anti-ageing effects
• It provides relief in insect bites and minor burns or sunburn
• It has been traditionally used to relieve neuralgia, rheumatism, and sciatica
• Helps with skin cleansing and providing protection against ultraviolet rays
• It’s one of the few oils that have the capacity to absorb a significant amount of UV light. This makes tamanu oil a natural sun protection agent.
WHY WE LOVE IT:
· One oil for many uses means you will need less products in your bathroom
· Palm oil free (like all of our products)
· Vegan and cruelty free
· Certified Australian Grown & Owned: hand harvested and cold pressed in the Northern Territory, Australia.
· Every collected nut has to be crushed and then sun dried for 2 months, then cold pressed, then it needs to settle for 3 days before being bottled.
· You’re sure to support work in a regional business
Tamanu Oil is a natural nut oil grown from Australian soil, that is extracted from the nut kernels of the exotic Tamanu Tree (Calophyllum Inophyllum). Cold-pressed to produce a greenish yellow oil, Tamunu has a distinctive, nutty scent.
DIRECTION OF USE
Tamanu Oil should be stored at room temperature or hotter but extreme heat should be avoided. Precipitation can occur in cool to cold temperatures. Warning: do not use if you have a nut allergy.
The oil comes in a glass bottle with a plastic pump spray and cap. We can remove the cap upon request, but we won’t be responsible for leakages during transportation.
ZERO WASTE REFILL STATION FOR DARWIN CUSTOMERS
We can refill bottles to our Darwin based customers and will take $4 off for each bottle.