Reusable metal straws are extremely strong and durable, but they still need to be taken care of to allow for longevity.
- Each reusable metal straw comes with a cleaning brush with durable cleaning bristles, which is able to be stored inside the straw.
- Tip: place the brush cleaner inside the straw from its largest diameter, as it’s easier to insert it that way.
- Before the first use, extend your telescopic stainless steel straw & cleaner and rinse them under hot soapy water
When you are on the go
- Rinse your reusable metal straw in water between uses and use your telescopic cleaning brush, which is provided inside your straw, to remove juice or smoothies debris
When you are at home
- Place a small amount of dish soap onto the brush cleaner
- Push the soapy wet, cleaning brush back and forth through the straw to clean it properly
- Once you feel the inside is sufficiently cleaned, wash the rest of the straw with soap and water
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water and leave to dry properly
- Store your straw in your aluminium alloy case
- Our straws are also dishwasher safe, the cleaner and the aluminium case
Product Material and End of Life
- We have searched far and wide before committing to our first product. To us it was very important that the product was made with materials that are either biodegradable or fully recyclable at the end of their very long life.
- Our straws, cleaners and cases tick all the boxes:
- The straws and cleaners are made of pure 304 food grade stainless steel and are fully recyclable ✔️
- The case is made of aluminium alloy and is fully recyclable ✔️
- No ABS (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) plastic seals ✔️
- No TPE tubes inside the straw (thermoplastic elastomers, aka plastic rubber) that can be found in cheaper versions of foldable straws on the market ✔️
- No plastic case. Ours is made of aluminium alloy. Stainless steel & aluminium are fully recyclable ✔️
- Plastic free Packaging ✔️
- The only not recyclable item in the products are the nylon bristles that we decided to use for product longevity. Our straws & cleaners are dishwasher safe.
Unsure where to recycle steel or aluminium. Use the Australian “Recycling Near You” website by Planet Ark to find the closest recycling facility near you.
Well, now that you know how to care for reusable stainless steel straws, support our cause and take a look at our full range of portable compact straws.
Browse our directory of plastic pollution solutions.
Leave a Reply ·